Home / The Boy Abductor: George Kent Wallace

The Boy Abductor: George Kent Wallace

Boys more often than note safe from being abducted, but not when George Wallace was on the streets. Hear how Wallace abducted and killed many boys in Oklahoma and Arkansas. It was just another day for George Kent Wallace when he was able to watch yet another boy dies. 

Today, we are going to dive into the case, the mind, and the execution of George Kent Wallace. 


Back in December of 1990, Wallace was arrested in the state of Arkansas. Wallace was charged with the attempted murder and abduction of Ross Allen Ferguson. Ferguson stated that he was in the parking lot and Wallace tried to pick him up as he was pretending to be a police officer. 

Wallace took Ferguson to a pond that was nearby where he would end up stabbing him nearly 6 times. Ferguson pretended to be dead only to jump up and push Wallace down before jumping in the car to flee the scene of the crime. 

Wallace was officially arrested later that evening walking close to the area of where the crime took place. 

Ferguson was able to properly identify Wallace in a lineup. Wallace was then sentenced to three consecutive life sentences along with an additional 60 years for pleading guilty to the abduction and attempted murder charges. 

However, Wallace was then questioned about two additional bodies that were found near the pond in Oklahoma. One of them being Anthony McLaughlin, who was 14 at the time he went mission. McLaughlin’s body was found the very next day. The second boy was William Eric Domer who was 15 at the time he went missing. Domer was found in February of 1987. 

Wallace then confessed to these murders as well. This then led investigators to a nearby pasture where they found a .22-caliber pistol, which was identified as the exact gun that was used to shoot and murder both Domer and McLaughlin. 

During the confession, Wallace also stated that he paddled both boys during their abductions. 

While Wallace was sitting in prison, he also confessed to another two murders that happened in North Carolina. During this trial, Wallace decided to go up on the witness stand. This is when he told the judge he wanted to die as swiftly as possible. 


George Kent Wallace was officially arrested on December 10, 1990. At the time of his arrest he was 50 years old. 

Wallace was not formally charged with the attempted murder and abduction of Ross Allen Ferguson until December 9, 1990. Ferguson was lucky enough that he could escape the situation with only multiple stab wounds and having his arms and legs bound with handcuffs. 

The police report states that Ferguson was picked up in the parking lot of a grocery store that was situated in Van Buren, Arkansas by someone who was pretending to be a police officer. The police report also stated that he was then taken to a pond that was situated east of Greenwood. 

Ferguson was able to flee away from Wallace only after he was stabbed a minimum of 6 times. Ferguson was able to flee away because he pretended to be dead, then jumped up and pushed Wallace down. Ferguson was then able to run to the vehicle where he fled the scene of the crime. When Ferguson reached a nearby home, he had the residents of that home call the police. This is where Ferguson was taken to the local hospital to get treated for his injuries. 

Then Wallace would officially be arrested just a few hours later. Wallace was still walking in the same area as the crime scene occurred. Ferguson was able to identify Wallace in a lineup. 

Isidro Hernandez also came forward and stated that he was approached by someone who was pretending to be a police officer and that, that person was also trying to pick him up. Hernandez stated that he was thankfully able to talk his way out of that situation. 

Yet another victim of Wallace’s kidnapping came forward. James Branson told the local police that a man that was wearing street clothes was pretending to be an officer tried to pick him up and take him out to Le Flore County pond. Branson stated this man had handcuffed and shackled him, but he was ultimately set free due to him screaming and kicking. 

Alonzo Don Cade body was found on December 20, 1990. Cade’s body was in a gas-well pit that was situated close to Fort Chaffee. Cade was last seen on November 24, 1990 at the local Westark Community College basketball game. 

However, Wallace was thoroughly questioned regarding the two bodies that were discovered at the Le Flore County pond. The two bodies were William Eric Domer and Anthony McLaughlin. 

Wallace then led investigators to a pasture close to Seminole, Oklahoma. This is where Wallace showed them where the .22-caliber pistol handgun was laid. According to Claudie Higgins, Le Flore County District Attorney, Domer, and McLaughlin was shot in the back of their heads with a small-caliber handgun. 

However, Wallace was questioned, but not formally charged with the 1976 murder of Jeffrey Lee Foster along with the 1982 murder of Thomas Stewart Reed. Both murders happened in Forsyth County, North Carolina. 

In 1986, Wallace decided to move back to Fort Smith. Prior to Wallace moving to Fort Smith, Wallace lived in North Carolina. 

Wallace was given three consecutive life sentences with an additional 60 years when he plead guilty to abducting the four Arkansas teens and the attempted murder of one. 

However, the first-degree murder charges were not filed in Arkansas, they were filed in Oklahoma. In Oklahoma, the authorities were seeking out the death penalty in this case. Wallace waived the right to extradition. 

Michael Lee Le Flore County District Judge put in the innocent plea for Wallace and set up the competency hearing. The judge also ordered for a mental competency evaluation to be done as well. 

When the report came back from the Carl Albert Mental Health Center located in Heavener, it indicated that Wallace was competent and could assist in the preparation for his defense case. 

The judge then decided it was time to order more psychiatric tests. 

Then the doctors employed with the Eastern State Hospital also stated that Wallace was competent enough to go to trial. 

This is when Jeff Smith, Wallace’s attorney entered innocent pleas even though they advised the court that Wallace wanted to plead guilty. 

The prosecutors, in this case, were going for the death penalty. They were wanting the death penalty based on Wallace’s prior felony convictions and stated that Wallace was a threat to society. 

Wallace was then able to go on the witness stand. When Wallace went on the witness stand, he told the judge overseeing his case he wanted to die as swiftly as possible. 

This is when the judge gave Wallace two death sentences, one for each count. 

Clemency Hearing

Wallace refused his right to have a clemency hearing listened by the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board. 

Out of the 29 inmates executed in the state of Oklahoma, only 22 of these inmates have sought out clemency. However, all petitions for clemency have always been denied in each of the cases. 


On August 10, 2000, George Kent Wallace was officially brought down to the execution chamber. It was Wallace’s time to take his last breath. Wallace was executed by lethal injection. Wallace was officially pronounced dead around 9:27 pm. 

Wallace was the 11th person to be executed by the state of Oklahoma and Wallace was the 30th person to be executed in the state since 1990. 

In 1933, Oklahoma made their personal record of executing 14 people that year.