NYC DOC - Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) Inmate Search and Prison Information
462 1st Avenue, New York, NY, 10013
NYC DOC - Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) offender lookup: Bookings, Case Number, Warrant #, Arrests, Charges, Description, Bond, Information Recorded, Current Location, State of Charge, Sex, Inmate Roster, Booking Date, Mugshots, Charges, Release Date, Who's in jail.
The NYC DOC – Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) is a medium security police jail that is located in New York, New York. This short term facility is operated by the New York Police Department.
Inmates get transported by the sheriff to the county jail if they are sentenced or can’t make bail. The inmates in this detention center are provided with 3 meals a day and are held in a single-person cell on two levels.
Inmates have the opportunity to go to the library, recreation area and commissary under the supervision of the guards during designated times. The offenders are also allowed to hand out in the common area where they can watch TV, play games and converse with other inmates. However, the time spent in the common area is limited and the inmates stay in their cell most of the time.
NYC DOC – Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) — General Information
462 1st Avenue, New York, NY, 10013
How to Find Someone in NYC DOC – Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW)
The NYC DOC - Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) has a list of all of the inmates that are held in this facility inside the jail lobby. If you are not able to make it out to the jail but want to do an inmate search you will need to call the jail directly at 212-266-1500. The staff will be able to help you find an inmate.
Sending a Mail/Care Package
Nationwide Inmate Records Online Check
Inmates can send and receive letters in the mail. All incoming and outgoing mail gets inspected by the NYC DOC - Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) staff.
Packaged are not allowed to be sent from home to jail. However, if you would like to send reading material for your loved one in jail you can do that by having it shipped directly from the publisher to the jail. Keep in mind that all reading material must be paperback and new.
Most jails accept MoneyGram, Western Union and cashiers checks to fund an inmate’s account. There is also a kiosk located in the jail lobby where you can fund an inmate’s account.
Inmates need money to make purchases from the commissary and to make phone calls as well. If you have any questions about funding an inmate’s account please don’t hesitate to give the jail a call where they can help you.
Inmates are allowed to call their loved ones through collect calling or they can purchase a calling plan.
Inmates at NYC DOC - Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward (BHPW) are allowed to have visitors during the hours of visitation.
Keep in mind that there are strict dress code rules and you will be required to present your government-issued photo ID card.
Refer the map below to find the driving directions.
- Nassau County Juvenile Detention Center
- Lincoln Correctional Facility
- Bayview Women’s Correctional Facility
- Queens County Jail
- Goldwater Memorial Hospital Unit
- NYC DOC – Manhattan Detention Complex (MDC)
- Queensboro Correctional Facility
- New York Metropolitan Correctional Center
- New York County Sheriff’s Jail
- New York City Jail
- SEEDS – Non-Secure Detention
- Hoboken Jail
- Kings County Jail
- NYC DOC – Brooklyn Detention Complex (BKDC)
- Jersey City City Jail
- West New York City Jail
- Ella McQueen Reception Center for Boys and Girls
- Ella McQueen Residential Center
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – James A. Thomas Center (JATC)
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – George R. Vierno Center (GRVC)
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – Eric M. Taylor Center (EMFC)
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – Anna M. Kross Center (AMKC)
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – Otis Bantum Correctional Center (OBDC)
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – North Infirmary Command (NIC)
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – Robert N. Davoren Complex (RNDC)
- New York Department of Correction
- NYC DOC – Rikers Island – George Motchan Detention Center (GMDC)
Other Types of Correctional Facilities in New York
- County Jail 81
- State Prison 110