May 2012 Executions

One killer was executed in May 2012. He had murdered at least 1 person.
Five killers were given a stay in May 2012. They have murdered at least 7 people.

Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
May 1, 2012 Oklahoma Clayton Chandler Michael Selsor executed
Clayton Chandler, murder victimOn September 15, 1975, a U-Tote-M store in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was robbed. One of the store employees, Clayton Chandler, was shot to death and the other, Ina Morris, was shot and wounded. Michael B. Selsor and Richard Dodson were arrested for the robbery and shootings. Selsor was charged in state court with robbery with firearms; shooting with intent to kill; and murder in the first degree. Dodson was charged with robbery with firearms, after former conviction of a felony; shooting with intent to kill, after former conviction of a felony; and murder in the first degree. At trial Ina Morris, the U-Tote-M employee wounded in the robbery, testified about the ordeal. She stated that she had gone into the store’s walk-in cooler, and that while in there "a man walked up to the first window of the cooler and opened it up and looked at me." She said the man then walked around to the big walk-in door and pointed a revolver at her. He told her to get on her knees on the floor. She testified that she "just looked at him" because she "couldn’t believe it." She said to the gunman "You’ve got to be kidding." The gunman then fired a shot at her, hitting her in the right shoulder. She got down on her knees. The gunman told her that if she looked up he would kill her. Three to five minutes later Morris raised her head and saw the gunman standing outside the window, holding both hands on the gun. She then saw him pull the trigger and heard the bullets hit the window. She ducked. She heard more than two bullets fired. Her body went numb. She lay down and lost consciousness. She was wounded in her right shoulder, on the right side of the back of her head, on top of her head, underneath her jaw, in her back and in her neck. Two bullets were left in her neck. Morris regained consciousness approximately five to seven minutes later. She walked north in the cooler and looked out to see Clayton Chandler lying on the floor of the U-Tote-M. Mr. Chandler died as a result of his injuries. Morris identified Dodson as the man who shot her. She gave no testimony about seeing any assailant other than Dodson, nor did she testify that she heard any shots other than those from Dodson. She did state, however, that the door to the walk-in cooler was closed and that she heard the cooler fan, a noise she described as "very loud." Ms. Morris was the only eyewitness to the crime and her testimony did not implicate Selsor. The evidence against Selsor instead was based on his and Dodson’s confessions as presented through the testimony of two police officers, Officer Evans, a major crimes investigator for the Santa Barbara, California Police Department, and Officer Roberts of the Tulsa Police Department. Officer Evans testified that on September 22, 1975, he and a Sergeant Williams interviewed Dodson at the Santa Barbara Police Department. Officer Evans testified that Dodson stated that he and Selsor were driving a green ’67 Pontiac…. He stated that they had been together in this car on the evening of September 15th around 11:00 P.M. and had passed by this U-TOTE-M store which he thought was located at 66th and 33rd, in that vicinity. He stated that both of them were in the car as they passed by this store a couple of times and Dodson stated that he noticed that the traffic was light around the store and the outlying area and that there was a light fog or something. He then stated that they both were armed….. Q And, what did he say in that regard? A Dodson was armed with a nine shot.22 caliber revolver, black and silver and Mr. Selsor was armed with a.22 automatic Lugger Blackhawk. Q Now, did he say anything in regard to any plan concerning this matter on 33rd West Avenue other than what you have thus far related? A Yes, he did. Q What did he say in that regard? A He stated that prior to entering the store in a conversation with Selsor there was discussion of taking these people out….. Q Did he ever indicate in the conversation what he meant by taking them out? A Later in the conversation it was shown that taking them out meant killing them. Q And, when you use the expression, taking these people out, did you know at the time he told you this who he had reference to? A By name or incident? Q Well, by perhaps position with the store? A Yes, meaning the proprietors of the store. Officer Evans also testified about an interview that he and a Detective Martin had with Selsor subsequent to the interview with Dodson. Officer Evans stated that Selsor said "that he and Dodson had approached the U-Tote-M store at 61st and 33rd Street and they were in a green ’67 Pontiac which belonged to Selsor." Selsor stated that they "didn’t intend to have any witnesses around and had planned on killing the proprietors after the robbery." Evans testified that Selsor said "that he was armed with a.22 caliber Lugger Blackhawk automatic, had a nine shot clip, and that Dodson was armed with a nine shot.22 caliber revolver." Officer Evans then recounted Selsor’s description of the robbery: Selsor stated he demanded the money in a sack and he said the elderly gentleman complied and gave him the money from the cash drawer, the cash register and the safe. Selsor stated that he told the guy to quit piddling with the change as he was putting the money in, he wasn’t interested in that. I asked Selsor what then occurred and he stated that he had off-set his position, showing me in the interview room, and fired several shots from this.22 automatic into the elderly man.. According to Evans, Selsor "stated that all the bullets went into the chest area and it must have hit the heart." In addition to the testimony of Officer Evans, Officer D.A. Roberts of the Tulsa Police Department testified about a conversation he had with Dodson at the Tulsa County Jail on September 30, 1975. Officer Roberts said that We started the conversation off, I advised him I’d like to know how it went down and the order that it happened. He related it started with a conversation between himself and Selsor, that Selsor had said, We got to take out the witnesses involved in this case….. At that time I asked him if he felt Selsor really meant that. He said, Well, he convinced me of it. He said, I thought he did, he looked serious. The state introduced the.22 caliber revolver used by Dodson. The.22 caliber automatic allegedly used by Selsor was not introduced. However, Officer Roberts testified that Dodson told him Selsor threw the gun into some body of water along Interstate 80. In addition, the state introduced spent shell casings recovered from the crime scene which an expert testified came from an automatic weapon. The defense made no opening statement. The only witness called by the defense was Dr. Garcia, a forensic psychiatrist from Eastern State Hospital at Vinita, Oklahoma, who testified only about Dodson’s mental condition. The defense closing argument was brief, constituting a mere two pages of the trial transcript and in essence simply asserting that the jury should not take the defendants’ lives. Selsor was convicted of armed robbery, shooting with intent to kill, and first degree murder. He was sentenced to 20 years’ imprisonment for shooting with intent to kill, 25 years’ imprisonment for armed robbery, and for the murder conviction, he was sentenced to death. The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals affirmed Selsor’s convictions and sentences except the death sentence which was modified to life imprisonment. Dodson was convicted of shooting with intent to kill after former conviction of a felony and robbery with firearms after former conviction of a felony, but was acquitted of first degree murder. Dodson was sentenced to 199 years for shooting with intent to kill and 50 years for the armed robbery conviction.
Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
May 2, 2012 Texas David Cook Anthony Bartee stayed
On August 15, 1996, Bartee telephoned his acquaintance Heidi Munoz and informed her he planned to "ace some white dude out." Munoz interpreted this remark as indicating Bartee planned to rob and "get rid of the person in question, whom Bartee indicated was named "David." When Ms. Munoz refused Bartee’s request to assist in this endeavor, Bartee asked for the phone number of Ms. Munoz’s ex-boyfriend, Joey Banks, and indicated he planned to seek Mr. Banks’ help. During the same telephone conversation, Bartee also unsuccessfully solicited the assistance of Ms. Munoz’s friends Nadine Berlanga and Stella Suarez. At some point during the summer of 1996, Bartee telephoned Joey Banks and requested Mr. Banks’ help in robbing and killing someone who lived in the same neighborhood where Bartee stayed and who, Bartee informed Mr. Banks, had "some gold cards and a motorcycle" Bartee wanted. When Mr. Banks indicated he would not help, Bartee told Joey Banks he would do it himself. Later on that same date, Bartee arrived at Ms. Munoz’s apartment riding a motorcycle which Bartee said he had acquired through a lawsuit. Bartee gave Ms. Suarez a ride on his motorcycle but Ms. Munoz declined Bartee’s invitation for a ride. Although Bartee said he was carrying a gun, Ms. Munoz never saw one. The following morning, on August 16, 1996, Bartee approached two employees of a bowling alley located near Bartee’s parents’ residence and informed them he owned the Harley Davidson motorcycle they had found parked behind the bowling alley. Later that same date, Bartee drove the Harley motorcycle to Corpus Christi, Texas, where he met up with his acquaintance Macedonio Gonzalez. Bartee informed Mr. Gonzalez that he had traded in two motorcycles to acquire the new Harley. Bartee also informed Mr. Gonzalez Bartee had seen a friend of his shot in the head by two members of the "Ace of Spades" gang. Bartee never informed Mr. Gonzalez that the motorcycle belonged to Bartee’s murdered friend. A few days later, Bartee returned to San Antonio but left the new Harley in Macedonio Gonzalez’s custody, telling Mr. Gonzalez he would return to pick it up. When Bartee did not return after several weeks, Mr. Gonzalez contacted local law enforcement authorities in Corpus Christi, who took custody of the Harley. A Corpus Christi homicide detective testified at Bartee’s trial that, on August 26, 1996, he took possession of a motorcycle from Macedonio Gonzalez which he identified as the same motorcycle reported stolen in connection with the murder of David Cook in San Antonio. On the morning of August 17, 1996, police and David Cook’s family members discovered the body of David Cook inside Mr. Cook’s locked residence in San Antonio, Texas. An autopsy revealed Mr. Cook had been fatally shot twice in the head and stabbed once in the shoulder. At the crime scene, police discovered: (1) a slug which fell from the face of David Cook as his body was rolled over by personnel from the medical examiner’s office, (2) a second slug which had passed through a wall, penetrated the rear of Mr. Cook’s refrigerator, and come to rest therein, and (3) a pair of spent shell casings and several live 9 mm rounds. A firearms expert testified at Bartee’s trial that the spent round, shell casings, and bullet fragment recovered from the crime scene were all consistent with 9 mm bullets that had been fired from the type of handgun Mr. Cook owned but which was missing from the crime scene following Mr. Cook’s murder. Both David Cook’s 9 mm pistol and Harley Davidson motorcycle were missing from his residence. Several members of David Cook’s family described and identified a photograph of a red Harley Davidson motorcycle owned by David Cook which was missing from Mr. Cook’s residence following the discovery of David Cook’s body. Heidi Munoz identified a photograph of David Cook’s Harley Davidson motorcycle as similar to the one driven by Bartee when he visited Ms. Munoz’s apartment late on the night of August 15, 1996. Each of the two bowling alley employees who encountered Bartee the following morning identified the same photograph of Mr. Cook’s motorcycle as the one Bartee claimed as his own. A friend of Bartee’s who resided in Corpus Christi identified the same photograph of David Cook’s motorcycle as the one Bartee drove to Corpus Christi in August, 1996 and claimed as his own. On August 20, 1996, shortly after his return to San Antonio, Bartee gave San Antonio police a written statement in which he claimed to have no knowledge whatsoever of David Cook’s murder. Bartee’s Second Statement to Police On August 30, 1996, while in custody on an unrelated charge, and after having been informed that police had recovered David Cook’s missing motorcycle, Bartee gave San Antonio Police a second written statement in which he claimed: (1) he had been present at David Cook’s home at the time of Mr. Cook’s fatal shooting, (2) he had witnessed two local gang members he knew only as "Snake" and "Throw down" enter Mr. Cook’s residence and escort Mr. Cook to the back bedroom, (3) he then went to the garage and sat down on Mr. Cook’s motorcycle, (4) suspecting foul play was about to occur, he started Mr. Cook’s motorcycle, and (5) when he then heard gunshots, he fled the scene on Mr. Cook’s motorcycle out of fear for his own safety. In following weeks, Bartee telephoned Heidi Munoz and one of Ms. Munoz’s friends, claimed to have had no involvement in David Cook’s murder, and urged them both to claim they had no knowledge of anything relating to David Cook’s murder or of the motorcycle Bartee was riding the night he visited Ms. Munoz’s apartment. UPDATE: A stay was issued to allow an appeals court to consider a request for additional DNA testing.
Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
May 9, 2012 Louisiana Stephanie Guzzardo , 27
David Breakwell, 46
Todd Wessinger stayed
Stephanie Guzzardo, murder victimTodd Kelvin Wessinger was sentenced to death for the murder of two employees of Calendar’s Restaurant in Baton Rouge on Sunday, November 19, 1995, at approximately 9:30 a.m. Wessinger, a former dishwasher at Calendar’s who had been fired two months prior, rode his bicycle to the restaurant that morning armed with a.380 semi-automatic pistol. Mike Armentor, a bartender at the restaurant, saw Wessinger just outside of the restaurant, and they exchanged greetings. Immediately after entering the restaurant through a rear door, Wessinger shot 19-year-old Armentor twice in the back. Although Armentor sustained severe abdominal injuries, he survived. Armentor later identified defendant in a photo lineup, and he testified at trial. Wessinger then tried to shoot Alvin Ricks, a dishwasher, in the head, but the gun would not fire. As Ricks ran out of the restaurant, Wessinger attempted to shoot him in the leg, but the gun misfired. As he was running across the street to call 911, Ricks told Willie Grigsby, another employee of the restaurant who escaped the restaurant without being seen by Wessinger, that he had seen the perpetrator, and the perpetrator was Todd. Ricks also told the 911 operator that the perpetrator was Todd. Ricks, who testified at trial, picked defendant out of a photo lineup a couple of hours after the crime. Stephanie Guzzardo, the manager on duty that morning, heard the commotion and called 911. Before she could speak to the operator, Wessinger entered the office, armed with the gun. After a short exchange with Stephanie, in which she begged for her life, Wessinger, after telling her to "shut up," shot her through the heart. Stephanie’s last words, recorded on the 911 tape, were played in court. Her mother was on the witness stand and burst into tears. "Please, please, I won’t tell on you. I promise. I won’t. I promise. I promise. I promise. I swear." Stephanie died approximately thirty seconds after being shot. Wessinger then removed approximately $7000 from the office. Wessinger next found David Breakwell, a cook at the restaurant who had been hiding in a cooler, and shot him as he begged for his life. Wessinger then left the restaurant on his bicycle. EMS personnel arrived at the scene shortly thereafter, and Breakwell died en route to the hospital. Wessinger was eventually arrested and charged with two counts of first degree murder. Testimony at trial established that Wessinger had asked one of his friends to commit the robbery with him, and that he planned to leave no witnesses to the crime. Several people also testified that they had seen Wessinger with large sums of money after the crime. The murder weapon was subsequently discovered, along with a pair of gloves worn during the crime, at an abandoned house across the street from Wessinger’s residence. One of Wessinger’s friends testified that Wessinger had asked him to remove the murder weapon from the abandoned house. Wessinger was convicted of two counts of first degree murder for the deaths of Breakwell and Stephanie Guzzardo and sentenced to death. The jury found three aggravating circumstances: (1) that Wessinger was engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated burglary or armed robbery; (2) that Wessinger knowingly created a risk of death or great bodily harm to more than one person; and (3) the offense was committed in an especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner. There are still appeals pending in this case and the execution is not expected to take place on this date.
Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
May 13-19, 2012 South Dakota Ronald Johnson, 63 Eric Robert stayed
Ron Johnson, murder victimEric Donald Robert was incarcerated at the State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, serving an 80-year sentence for a kidnapping conviction. In that case, an 18-year-old woman told police a man posing as a plainclothes police officer pulled over her car near Black Hawk, told her he needed to search it and then forced her into the trunk. She used her cell phone to call for help, and she was found unharmed. Robert, who most recently was head of a city’s water treatment department and had previously been a chemist with the Environmental Protection Agency, had more than $200,000 in assets and no debt when he was arrested on the kidnapping charges in 2005. Robert contends he was drunk and trying to rob the 18-year-old girl of $200, not sexually assault her. He was sentenced to 80 years in prison and would not have been eligible for parole until he was 83. Co-defendant Rodney Berget has been in and out of South Dakota’s prison system since the mid-1980s and is serving life sentences for attempted murder and kidnapping. He was convicted of escaping from the penitentiary in 1984. In 1987, he and five other inmates again broke out of the same facility on Memorial Day by cutting through bars in an auto shop. He was caught in mid-July of that year. On April 12, 2011, in Minnehaha County, Robert and Berget killed State Corrections Officer Ronald Johnson with a metal pipe. The pair attacked the prison guard, wrapped his head in plastic shrink wrap and left him to die before using his uniform to sneak past security in an unsuccessful escape attempt. Ronald Johnson was working alone in a part of the Sioux Falls prison known as Pheasantland Industries, where inmates work on upholstery, signs, custom furniture and other projects. Robert put on Johnson’s brown pants, hat and lightweight jacket before approaching the prison’s west gate with his head down, pushing a cart with two boxes wrapped in packing tape, according to an investigator’s affidavit. Berget was hidden inside one of the boxes. Another corrections officer opened an inner gate and allowed Robert to wheel the cart into a holding area, but became suspicious when Robert didn’t swipe his electronic ID card. Robert claimed he forgot his badge and said main control was out of temporary cards. The officer then asked Cpl. Matthew Freeburg if he recognized the guard, and Freeburg said no. When the officer called for a supervisor, Robert started kicking and beating Freeburg and Berget jumped out of the box to join in. More officers arrived to find Berget still beating Freeburg. Robert had climbed the outer gate, reaching the razor wire on top. Both inmates were apprehended before leaving the grounds and taken to a jail in Sioux Falls. Freeburg was taken to a hospital, but returned to work the next day. Johnson, who had worked at the penitentiary for more than 23 years, was a father of two and grandfather of six. He died on his birthday, said his son, Jesse Johnson. "He loved to relax and play with his grandkids," Jesse Johnson told the Argus Leader. "He never had a bad thing to say about anybody." Jesse Johnson said his father, known to friends and family as R.J., had lived through a riot at the penitentiary in 1993 and knew the danger of his job but never dwelled on it. At the sentencing hearing for Robert, a witness who responded to the "code 5" call for help testified, "I saw the sergeant pulling the saran wrap off of RJ’s head, I knew it was RJ." Lynette Johnson, Ronald Johnson’s widow, called Robert "evil" during her testimony asking for the death penalty. She said she has a hard time responding when one of her six grandchildren ask about their papa. "He decided to take him away from me," she said as she looked directly at Robert. "You are a coward." As he was sentenced to death, Robert nodded when the judge said he was not likely to be rehabilitated, and that his need for control would lead him to kill again. He had told Judge Brad Zell during his pre-sentencing hearing that he was so full of anger and hungry for freedom the day of the escape attempt that he would have killed anyone who stood in his way. "Brad Zell, if you stood between me and the door of freedom, I would kill you," Robert said. Robert said he was sorry he did not bring the pipe with him to the gate to kill the officer who stopped him. Once he realized his plan was going to fail, Robert said he began climbing up the wall of the prison – not to escape but to try to reach for the rifle of an officer on the lookout. "I would have shot that weapon until it was empty," he said. Berget was also sentenced to death and has an execution date set for September 9-15.
Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
May 16, 2012 Texas James Davis
Robert Read
Steven Staley stayed
During a four-state crime spree, Tracey Duke, Brenda Rayburn, and Steven Kenneth Staley arrived on October 14, 1989 at a Steak and Ale restaurant in Tarrant County just prior to closing. The trio had dinner and dessert and then Duke and Staley removed two MAC 119-millimeter semiautomatic pistols from Rayburn’s purse and rounded up the employees. Staley secured the kitchen and rear area of the restaurant, while Duke proceeded to secure the front. Staley gathered all the employees in the kitchen storeroom. During the confusion, an assistant manager slipped out a rear door and called the police. After securing the restaurant, Staley demanded that the manager present himself. Robert Read stepped forward and slightly nudged two other assistant managers, indicating they should remain where they were. Staley then commanded Read to open the cash registers and the safe. He also dictated that the employees in the storeroom throw out their wallets, purses and aprons. One employee lifted his head, only to be kicked in the chest by appellant. Staley threatened the other employees that if any others looked up, he’d kill them—"blow them away!" The police arrived. Believing that Read had pressed a silent alarm button, Staley threatened that if the police were outside Read was going to be the first to die. Read remained calm. He told Staley there were no panic buttons, but he would be their hostage and go out front with them as long as they did not hurt the other employees. Staley told Read, "if you f**k up one time, I’ll kill you." Staley, his two accomplices, and their hostage left the restaurant. Eventually they hijacked a two-door Buick on Alta Mere Road. Duke went around to the driver’s side and instructed the owner of the vehicle to get out. Duke and Rayburn got in the automobile. Staley pushed Read into the back seat of the car and followed him. Police heard several gunshots as the car accelerated. During the high-speed pursuit of Staley and his accomplices, a brief case containing some of the stolen money and both semiautomatic pistols were discarded at various locations. Ultimately, the car broke down and the three accomplices attempted to flee. All were quickly captured. Staley’s first words to the arresting officers were, "don’t kill me." Upon their apprehension, the police discovered Read’s body in the back seat of the Buick. The medical examiner testified that Read had suffered a blow by a blunt object to the forehead. The nature of the wound led the examiner to believe Read’s head was stationary when the blow occurred. Read had also been shot in the head, shoulder and side. The medical examiner testified Read was shot in the right temple at a distance of one inch. Within approximately thirty seconds, Read was shot in the shoulder region. Both shots would have been fatal. The third and final bullet which would not have been immediately fatal entered Read’s abdomen. The medical examiner testified that when the bullet entered Read’s right shoulder his right arm was down at his side. The forensic expert testified that the gunshot to the shoulder was at a distance of approximately nine inches. There was gun powder residue on both hands of Read. The forensic expert testified the powder on Read’s hands could be consistent with someone attempting to defend himself. Staley had a prior criminal record which included a vicious attack on a man who was selling a car. In March 1984, Staley and a friend answered a classified ad for a Camaro in Denver, Colorado. During a test drive of the vehicle, Staley’s friend kicked the owner in the back of the head, smashed his face against the windshield, and forced him out of the car at gunpoint. About five months later, Staley answered another ad for a Camaro. Again, he and the owner went for a test drive. When they reached a secluded area, Staley pulled a gun on the owner and told him to start running. Staley fled in the car. Staley also was implicated in the death of James Davis, a fellow inmate at the Denver correctional center from which Staley escaped on September 18, 1989, just a month before Robert Read’s murder. Davis disappeared from the correctional center two days after Staley escaped. Davis’s body was found about a month later, with a fatal gunshot wound to the head and another gunshot wound to the back. Staley acknowledged helping Tracey Duke kill Davis, but named Duke as the gunman. Brenda Rayburn received a 30 year sentence in exchange for her testimony. Duke pled guilty to 1 count of murder for Robert’s death and 2 counts of attempted capital murder for shooting at the police officers and he received three life sentences.
Date of scheduled execution State Victim name Inmate name Status
May 16, 2012 Arizona Estafana Holmes, 59 Samuel Lopez stayed
On October 29, 1986, sometime around 11:00 a.m., a Phoenix police officer made a "check welfare" call at the apartment residence of the murder victim. Estafana Holmes. The check was in response to a call from Estafana’s fellow employees expressing concern that the consistently prompt victim inexplicably failed to arrive at work. Approaching the apartment, officers noticed a broken window next to the front door. Entering the apartment, they discovered the partially nude body of the victim. Overturned and broken furnishings in the blood-splattered apartment indicated that a tremendous struggle took place prior to the murder, even though Estafana was only 5 ft, 2 in and 125 pounds. A scarf had been stuffed into Estafana’s mouth, and she had been blindfolded with her pajama pants. An autopsy revealed that her throat had been slashed, and she had been stabbed twenty-three times in her left breast and upper chest and three times in her lower abdomen. Seminal fluid was found in both her vagina and anus. Lopez had been seen in the neighborhood the night of the crime. He was also seen in the early morning after the murder walking down the street, soaking wet, as if he had recently washed himself. Several days after the murder, the police were questioning Lopez about an unrelated matter when he mentioned something about a woman who had been stabbed and whose throat had been slashed. The information that Estafana’s throat had been slashed had never been released to the public. Realizing that only the murderer would know of the slashing, the police focused their investigation upon Lopez. A check of his fingerprints matched those found at Estafana’s apartment and his body fluids matched those obtained from her body. A jury convicted Lopez of first degree murder, sexual assault, kidnapping, and burglary. After a sentencing hearing, the trial judge found two statutory aggravating circumstances: (1) Lopez had a prior conviction for resisting arrest, which was considered a death-qualifying conviction; and (2) the murder was committed in an especially heinous, cruel or depraved manner. In support of mitigation, Lopez argued that his capacity to appreciate the wrongfulness of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of law was significantly impaired. The trial court found that Lopez did not prove this mitigating factor by a preponderance of the evidence. Finding no other mitigation, the trial judge sentenced Lopez to death for the murder and to aggravated, consecutive terms of twenty-one years for each of the other convictions.

Page visited times since 3/29/12

Page last updated 12/06/12